Monday, June 15, 2009

Final thoughts

Last night in the apartment in Otavalo:
Rosie: I’m excited to be going home, but I think I’ll miss everybody here, cuz they have corner stores and stuff. I think I’ll miss Ecuador a little bit because the people are so friendly and cheerful. Worst thing: first day of school. Best thing: learning Spanish

Althea: I’m excited to be going to home to see everybody and to talk to people, but I really like it here because everyone is so friendly. I think this is a really good place to live. I’m kind of glad this trip is over; it’s been kind of like standing in the way of planning. Everything is kind of wide open right now.The worst thing was the first day of school; the most horrible thing in the world (At the end of the day, I didn’t even know we had had math class!)

Paul: Wow. I think the dominant feeling is that my pompoms are very tired. I feel the kids’ loneliness very strongly and I try to cheer them on. Oh boy will it be nice for them to have some other folks to be with and talk to. A truckload of great memories and fantastic moments and projects and experiences, and plenty of hard dang work. Looking forward to sifting through it all stateside.

Just had an exhilarating day driving around the valley distributing our possessions to friends, many of whom helped us do so. Like a community workday of emptying an apartment. Hugs to all. Signing off, home Wed. P

4 comments:

Cindy B. said...

Travel safely. thanks very much letting us see a bit of your adventure.

Paul and Kristen said...

showing Laurie how to comment. P

Kirly said...

Hi! Just read your blog. sounds like a great adventure. We live in Bend & are heading down there Nov. 13th. with our 3 kids for 17 days. we would love a chance to get your insight. kirsten + mike goldstein5@bendcable.com

Anonymous said...

Better say nothing than nothing to the purpose...................................................................

Latest Comments

Followers